Recently I’ve taken it upon myself to max out multiple professions, spread across multiple chars, before Cataclysm hits. The number one reason I’m doing this is simply because of the money. I have very few usefull professions at the moment and basicly am much too lazy to grind. I currently have Mining/Blacksmithing on my warrior (maxed), Leatherworking/Skinning on my hunter (maxed), Alchemy/Herbalism on my paladin (maxed), Tailoring/Jewelcrafting on my retired priest (maxed) and Mining (maxed)/Engineering (around 430) on my Rogue on Silvermoon. Due to me seeing Vashj Horde as main server/side still you can see that the professions I have there are either Gathering professions (Mining, Skinning, Herbalism), Gear Professions (Blacksmithing, Leatherworking) and one Raid Profession (being Alchemy). For money making these Professions aren’t suited best with the current market. The big sellers are (and have been for a while) Enchanting and Jewelcrafting and (to an extent) Inscription.
Now I’ve always wanted an Enchanting char simply because I never had one and want to make loads of money with it! My first choice for Enchanting went to my Shaman which unfortunately I’ve stopped leveling for a while (was kinda sick of leveling ..) and she’s stuck at 222 at the moment. I’ve also chosen to get Inscription on her which I’ve been leveling for 2 days and am as far as 185. The Herbs I farm myself on my paladin.
My second choice for Enchanting was my mage, simply because it sounds magey and as mage it’s easier to farm mats needed for enchanting, currently I’m stuck on 278 enchanting on her and am running Stratholme for Runecloths so I can let my BF make Runecloth Belts for me on his warlock, so that I can Disenchant them into Dream Dusts. I need about 5 Dusts per skillup point now so I’m in a tough spot as far as leveling the profession goes.
I also hope to level Engineering to 450 on my rogue altho I’m prioritizing the Enchanting and Inscription on my mage and shaman. I also picked up Jewelcrafting on my mage, but I just started out (currently at 50) and I plan to finish Enchanting before I dive into a next profession.
I have to say though that farming materials all day is taking it’s toll a bit. On the one side I don’t mind it at all seeing as it’s something different from raiding, PvPing and grinding for achievements. I make some nice money with it, putting all the glyphs I make on the AH aswell as any excess enchanting mats, and I love the way how enchanting mats look. My enchanting bag is so nice and bright and colorful! On the other side running an instance completely for Mageweave/Runecloth and running around in circles in Stranglethorn Vale all day kind of makes me completely zone out. It’s gone as bad as that I zone out in the middle of a conversation with someone, just tunnelvisioning onto herbs and cloths and not noticing anything else. This for me feels bad because people sometimes have to repeat things up to three times before they finally catch my attention. However I do want to be done with farming sooner rather than later so I’ll take the zoning out for what it is and hope to be done as soon as I possibly can be done.
For now I’ll leave you with my current situation:
- Ileana (Shaman): 222 Enchanting/185 Inscription
- Sandrina (Mage): 278 Enchanting/50 Jewelcrafting
- Hyourinmaru (Rogue): 430 Engineering
I hope to get atleast 3 of these professions to 450 before Cataclysm comes out. When I do, I’ll update my blog!
A while ago, I made a post with all the stuff I wanted done and wanted to get on my warrior before Cataclysm would hit. Some of the stuff I’ve done, others I’m still working on, especially the obtaining of rare mounts.
I’ll be fair here, I’ve been lucky with them quite a bit, but others I’ve been very unlucky. I have a pretty big collection already which you can see when you click on the link to my mount collection, but today I’d like to share with you the list of mounts I’m still after and probably one of the biggest “fuck my life” moments in WoW.
Blizzard has added a lot of new “chance on getting mounts” when they released Wrath of the Lich king. A lot of bosses in this expansion have a chance to drop a mount one way or the other and a lot of Achievements also reward you with a mount. Here’s the ones I haven’t been able to obtain in Northrend. First the boss drops, then the randoms, followed by the achievement ones.
- The Blue Drake (Drops from Malygos 10 man/Oculus hc random). Saw it drop once from Maly, didn’t win it and I’ve never seen it in a Satchel from Oculus (yet atleast)
- The Azure Drake (Drop from Malygos 25 man). Since no one is doing Maly 25 man anymore, the chance of me seeing it drop is VERY VERY small. Obtaining it is even smaller.
- Invincible/Mimiron’s Head. Heroic Lich King 25 and Yogg Saron with no keepers up. Almost impossible fights unless you’re in a real good guild. On Vashj there’s 1 person with Mimiron’s Head. Heroic Lich King is still up, so there’s no one with Invincible yet.
- Crimson Deathcharger. Due to me being a Warrior and being on the Shard quest for Shadowmourne I do have a chance of obtaining this mount. This most likely will be in Cataclysm tho.
- Next up: Time Lost Proto Drake. I have been hunting for this one, Jaedia over at Lazy Sniper found it on her priest (I gratzed her with it ^^) but overall I haven’t really cared for it lately. I hope to come across it some day tho.
- Green Proto Drake. I’ve been buying the damn eggs for weeks, but no luck.
- White Polar Bear. Same with the eggs. Doing daily (almost) every day, but no luck
- Ironbound Proto Drake. I miss 4 achievements for this drake. One of them being Yogg +1. Which still is almost impossible…
- Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher. 25 man ICC meta achievement. Since my guild is still struggling with Putricide heroic and Sindragosa heroic isn’t even on the menu, I doubt I’ll get this mount at all. Don’t get me started on All you can eat btw -.-
Apart from these mounts, I have been able to obtain alot of the other mounts currently available in Northrend (I’m quite sure I’ve forgotten a few but they didn’t come to mind when writing this post). Yes I’ve been lucky with both Sartharion drakes and the Blue Proto Drake. I’ve worked my ass of for the Glory achievement drakes and in all Honesty I’m too lazy to pick up all the Tournament mounts and the mounts that cost me a lot of money (aka Passenger Mammoths from Dalaran and Sons of Hodir). I’m also still after some of the older mounts.
- Ashes of A’lar. Me and my BF might be running this in Cataclysm. Who knows? Maybe you’ll get lucky…
- Reins of the Raven Lord. I’m currently running this almost every day with a guildie, but again no luck so far.
- Razzashi Raptor. No luck with this one dropping either. I do have the tiger tho, and I’m grateful for that.
- Kara Mount. It’s a Vampire Horse on Fire. Ive seen it drop once, but didn’t get it. Do want it! Just cause… It’s a Vampire Hors on Fire!
- Baron Rivendare Mount. I hate this guy. I really do. I’m 170 runs so far, not a single drop yet. If I get it I swear I’ll never do Stratholme again. Ever.
As you can see, I’m still after a bunch of mounts. The chances of obtaining some are really slim, even tho I do hope to get them one day. I try not to get too frustrated when things wont drop… However today my sanity was really tested beyond belief.
As you all know, or might not know, I’ve transferred my rogue of Vashj to Silvermoon. With her I have almost no money and no rep with important factions so I try to do my dailies everyday. Due to me spending my time on my warrior doing the Polar Bear daily, I didn’t really feel the need to do it on my rogue. However, after spending a lot of money on gems and enchants I figured, why not do the daily? I still had an old daily in my quest inventory but could pick up a new, different one. I did them both and after I handed the first one in I had (as usual) Yeti cheese in my bag. I shrugged and opened my second bag and found an epic… Reins of the White Polar Bear. The mount I’ve been after on my warrior for AGES. I facepalmed so hard that my boyfriend was like “are you ok?”. I just pointed at the screen. He told me that I “should be happy” that I got it on atleast one char. On one side I AM happy. On the other side IT’S THE WRONG CHAR GODDAMNIT! *Let’s out a HUGE sigh* I’ll get over it. I atleast have now 2 cool mounts on my rogue (White Bear and Flying Machine), but I’ll still have to do the daily on my warrior everyday… I hope RNG will treat me well and makes a mount drop for me. Otherwise it’s still some money that can go to (maybe) another mount. I’ll end this post with a screenshot of my Nightelf Rogue on her Polar Bear in a nightly Dalaran.